1. Supervise and participate in the preparation and execution of all baked goods.
2. Planning and organization of all items produced in the Pastry kitchen.
3. Supervise, monitor and follow up on all duties of Assistant Pastry Chef and staff.
4. Monitor production and quality levels of all products.
5. Prepare all items according to set standards.
6. Ensure timely execution of all meal functions.
7. Monitor incoming food products to insure proper quality and assist storeroom personnel in quality control.
8. Monitor all refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation.
9. Keep an open communication with both subordinates and superiors.
10. Plan and develop new desserts for restaurants, banquets and special functions, i.e. weddings.
11. Coach and teach all staff members as a continuing process to insure a smooth operation and maintain a high level standard in the Pastry Kitchen.
12. Maintain a high level of sanitation and safety.
13. Scheduling of staff.
- College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required
- five to seven years previous experience in a culinary/food & beverage line position, or one to two years in a supervisory or assistant manager position
- Requires a working knowledge of division operations and standard operating procedures
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools
- Ability to read, speak and write English.
· Paid Time Off
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Free Parking
· Free Lunch
· Free Uniform Dry Cleaning
· Employee Funded 401-k
· Optional Vision, Long term disability, and short term disability insurance available.
· Company Hotel Travel Discounts
· An Equal Opportunity Employer
Benchmark Hospitality International
- 3 years ago - save job