At Solvay, our vision for the future drives everything we do. We are inspired by the ambition to take part in the reshaping of our industry by building a sustainable and pioneering business with chemistry at its heart.
Solvay offers a broad range of products that contribute to improving quality of life and its customer’s performance in markets such as consumer goods, construction, automotive, energy, water, environment and electronics.
Join the 31,000 collaborators of Solvay and you’ll become part of leading and fast-paced worldwide chemical group.
The Patent Agent’
s key responsibilities include:
- Draft, file, and prosecute patent applications,
- File and prosecute US national stage counterparts of PCT applications,
- Assist in management of patent drafting, filing, and prosecution services provided by outside US and foreign counsel, and
- Support preparation of opinions regarding freedom to operate, validity of third parties' IP rights, other IP-related matters.
- BS in chemical engineering, chemistry, or materials science required. Graduate degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, or materials science a plus
- Registered to practice and in good standing in US Patent and Trademark Office,
- Minimum 3 years of experience in drafting and prosecuting applications relating to chemical industry in
corporate or law firm environment,
- Ability to understand and apply patent law principles in an international context,
- Familiarity with US Patent Office Electronic Business Center systems (EFS Web and PAIR),
- Familiarity with PCT rules and procedures regarding the handling of international patent applications,
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills (proficiency in additional language(s) a
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability,
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization, particularly at the interface of business,
- IP law, and technology, and
- Comfortable working in a multinational, multicultural professional environment.
United States-New Jersey-Cranbury
Solvay - 19 months ago
Join us, the people who ask more from chemistry. More than designing solutions for our customers, we are inventing a new model of...