Technicolor is home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. Propelled by a culture of innovation and underpinned by a dedicated research organization, the company’s thriving licensing business possesses an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies. Serving motion picture, television, and other media clients, the company is a leading provider of high-end visual effects, animation, and post-production services. In support of network service providers and broadcasters globally, Technicolor ranks among the world leading suppliers of digital content delivery services and home access devices, including set-top-boxes and gateways. The company also remains a large physical media service provider, being one of the world’s largest film processors and independent manufacturers and distributors of DVDs and Blu-ray discs™.
A Patent Agent will work with inventors to identify inventions, draft patent applications covering the inventions, and file and prosecute the patent applications in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO ).
- Drafting claims
- Drafting claim amendments and arguments for responding to U.S. and foreign office actions
- Evaluating invention disclosures and prior art to determine patentability
- Working with inventors to identify inventions, write invention disclosures, and flesh out invention disclosures; and
- Drafting patent applications
Qualifications / Qualifications:
- Registered Patent Agent
- BSEE degree or equivalent; advanced degrees desirable but not required
- A minimum of two years engineering experience in product development or research related to technologies such as communication systems (e.g., network systems), signal processing (e.g., video signal processing, compression, 3D), and security and access control (e.g., encryption, watermarking)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to write and the ability to efficiently produce clear, concise and well-organized written work product
- Effective time and task management skills
- Willingness to learn and take direction
The above are minimum requirements. Resumes from more experienced candidates are welcome. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
Technicolor - 10 months ago
Technicolor is engaged in the development of broadcasting technologies. It supplies production, postproduction and distribution services for...