Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can
change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Associates in our corporate functions support the work done by the divisions of Gore. We are looking for a Patent Agent to join our Patent team in Flagstaff, AZ.
Just 150 miles north of Phoenix and 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is an ideal place to join Gore and change. Surrounded by pine forests and mountains, Flagstaff offers natural beauty, small-town charm, a vibrant educational community, and a diverse culture. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy all four seasons here, with 300 days of sunshine and a variety of recreational activities. A major employer in Arizona's growing bioscience sector, Gore has led Flagstaff's growth in medical-device jobs since 2002.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will help develop and protect important intellectual property to ensure the long-term success of our Medical Products Division. You will be an integral part of our Legal team and engage with businesses and technology teams to draft and prosecute patents pertaining to cutting-edge technology found only at the forefront of research and development efforts.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about understanding and identifying novel Gore technology and developing that technology into valuable intellectual-property assets
- Be energized by working for a world-class R&D organization and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Thrive in a dynamic environment where the ability to effectively multitask is the norm
- Maximizing protection of intellectual property (IP) by writing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications to support the long-term success of the business
- Cooperating with business-aligned IP teams that include an IP attorney, IP champion, and patent analyst to support technology and product development
- Developing and maintaining in-depth understanding of Gore technology to draft and prosecute patent applications that effectively protect Gore’s inventions and interests
- Continually updating and improving the skills required to provide expert patent preparation and prosecution support to the business
Required Job Qualifications
Desirable Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Active registered U.S. Patent Agent
- At least 5 years' experience drafting and prosecuting U.S. patent applications relating to medical devices
- Up-to-date knowledge of U.S. patent law, including the implications of the America Invents Act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a hands-on, fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
- Knowledge and experience coordinating with patent agents outside the U.S. on non-U.S. patents and applications
: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, patents, agent, U.S., intellectual property, medical, devices, assets, inventions, technical, technology, technologies, engineering, science, research, development, developing, products, business, enterprise, global, international, laws, legal, applications, protection, protecting, preparation, preparing, prepare, drafting, writing, write, filing, file, prosecuting, prosecute, America Invents Act, IP, R&D
North America-United States-Arizona-Flagstaff
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Day (1st shift)
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our...