As a Patent Attorney at Rambus, you will focus on supporting the strategic patent portfolio development and licensing program of at least one of Rambus' businesses. Specific duties include:
• Assisting the management of one or more patent portfolio related to at least one of Rambus’ businesses.
• Working with R&D planning teams to actively identify and develop patentable subject matter.
• Interviewing inventors to proactively identify patentable subject matter.
• Participating with engineers and business people in innovation workshops to generate patentable subject matter.
• Working with business and marketing people to identify important technologies and strategic applications.
• Conducting substantive review of disclosures and participating in disclosure review meetings.
• Coordinating the preparation and prosecution of applications and critically reviewing materials prepared by outside counsel.
• Advising internal business clients on IP-related issues, including in connection with licensing and M&A activities.
• Proactively helping improve Rambus’ patent development programs and processes.
Requirements and Preferences:
• BS or higher in Electrical Engineering is preferred for this position.
• JD and registration to practice before the US Patent & Trademark Office are required. CA bar preferred.
• Five or more years of experience in preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications, including familiarity with continuation practice in both domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
• Must be organized, work well with others, and be able to effectively communicate technical and legal issues.
• Must be able to travel regularly to support Rambus businesses outside the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Experience in prosecuting patents relating to communications systems, high-speed serial interfaces and/or physical layer signaling is preferred.
• Experience in supporting litigation, opinion preparation, product analysis, patent due diligence, and/or licensing experience preferred.
• Circuit design work and related work experience a plus.
• M&A transaction support experience a plus.
• Prior in-house experience a plus.
Rambus is the innovative technology solutions company that brings invention to market. Unleashing the intellectual power of our world-class...