Conduct invention development sessions with developers.
Support and participate in patent prosecution as required.
Build relationships with developers and business community within ebay inc.
Analysis of ebay inc.'s patent portfolio and reporting.
Provide technical/legal analysis for licensing opportunities.
Patent analysis for all contexts, including patent acquisitions, mergers & acquisitions, licensing and litigation.
Spot potential legal issues related to corporate business and IPR.
Provide counseling with respect to IP and licensing issues, including technical analysis of software products, education and training of technical teams, business liaison, patent family development coordinated with business goals.
- 4-6 years of patent prosecution experience.
Excellent patent analysis skills, including development of non-infringement, invalidity and claim construction positions.
- Very good organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task to perform their role smoothly without missing any pending items.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building and technical skills.
- Self-starter that works independently, loves technology, and is able to work with a distributed team of worldwide legal and business partners.
- Good sense of humor.
- USPTO registration required.
- J.D, top 10 % preferred.
- State bar registration.
- BS in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science. MS preferred.
- Experience as a software developer or designer preferred.
- Knowledge of Internet and software technologies, including from legal and technical experience.
Juris Doctorate or Equivalent
eBay - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...