Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, an international law firm with a preeminent intellectual property practice, has an immediate opening for a Patent Litigation Paralegal in our Denver office. This position will be part of our team of attorneys and support staff and will be expected to provide a high level of service to both internal and external clients. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: |
• Organize, index and oversee maintenance of all file documents
• Implement case management tools necessary to manage the case, must have knowledge and experience of e-discovery procedures and tools
•Assist in all aspects of deposition preparation
•Manage document production process including assisting in document review projects, preparing outlines and exhibits, creating electronic discovery logs
• Assist in preparation of pre-trial documents and update interim status reports
• Participate in all aspects of trial preparation including coordinating logistics
• Attend trials and/or hearings
• Conduct legal research as requested including Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, Pacer, and cite checking. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Four year degree required; technology or business related major preferred; paralegal training/certificate; 5+ years of relevant work experience in a professional environment; experience in managing patent litigation matters preferred
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
• High level of proficiency with technology including working knowledge of core litigation software including but not limited to: Relativity, CaseMap, TimeMap, Summation. Previous experience with Filesite is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to perform well under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• Reliable and dependable team player; Respectful to other individuals working directly or indirectly with them.
• Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of client information.
• Work independently, taking initiative to move projects to conclusion. This is a full-time position with benefits. Interested applicants should email a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include salary requirements. Any attachments should be in WORD or PDF format only. Principals only, no phone calls, please. Due to volume, we will only contact those applicants we wish to screen. Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about our firm, please visit our website at www.kilpatricktownsend.com.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton - 22 months ago