The primary responsibility of this role is to provide timely, effective, and high quality legal support by developing, preparing and prosecuting patents. He/she will support US and International patent prosecution, patent strategy development, IP litigation and portfolio analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage the development, prosecution and maintenance of the US patent portfolio;
- Manage US outside patent prosecution counsel;
- Manage the US patent program and provide IP strategy;
- Budget and manage US Patent Portfolio expenses;
- Provide training on company IP related matters;
- Co-Manage Patent Review Committee;
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist in managing International Patent Portfolio and outside patent prosecution counsel;
- Assist in managing Submitted Idea Program;
- Assist with Competitor watch and portfolio analysis;
- Assist in managing and providing advice on possible, threatened and actual IP related litigation or other adversarial situations;
- Assist with IP due diligence in support of litigation and acquisition;
- Assist with aspects of patentability, validity, infringement, freedom-to-operate;
- Assist in advising and consulting on IP transactional matters.
- Research and present on new patent law rule changes;
- Advise and maintain Patent Program policies;
- Travel outside of the US on occasion.
Registered Patent Attorney, law school graduate (California Bar preferred)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 7-10 years experience as patent practitioner preferably with both in-house and law firm patent prosecution experience
- BS in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred. Experience in dental or orthodontics, software, optics, and/or digital imaging a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Align Technology - 21 months ago
Align Technology, Inc. is a global medical-device company that pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market with the introduction of the...