Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated scientist to manage our portfolio of intellectual property and contribute to the development of the IP protection strategy for the technology pipeline. The patent scientist role serves as a liaison between scientists and Monsanto's internal and external legal teams to support the protection of Monsanto's research programs.
This role will offer the opportunity to work directly with complex, proprietary technology and to develop the strategies to protect Monsanto's global technology pipeline. The Patent Scientist will also interact with the leadership teams across several operation divisions.
• Provide support for preparation and prosecution of patent applications.
• Draft new patent applications
• Conduct searches of patent and scientific literature, and sequence databases
• Review and evaluate and prioritization of internal research projects
• Coordinate interactions between research scientists and patent attorneys.
• Manage our existing patent portfolio
• Provide training and support for intellectual property processes and strategy.
• MS degree in Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Crop Physiology or another related scientific field of study with 2+ year's research experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work closely with diverse teams with varying priorities to coordinate work flow and drive it to its conclusion.
• Project management experience.
• PhD in Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Crop Physiology or another related scientific field of study.
• Experience in public domain searches and skills in aggregating, organizing, and analyzing complex, multi-source information.
• Knowledge of intellectual property law and IP compliance practices from a research or legal perspective.
Monsanto - 11 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...