Location: Naples, FL
Seeking a skillful and
dynamic individual for our PATH (Project for Assistance in Transition from
Homelessness) program. PATH is a homeless outreach case management
program designed to identify homeless individuals in the community and link
them to appropriate services such as housing, medical, substance abuse and
mental health services. PATH is a community based program available to
adults in Naples and Immokalee. The majority of services are provided
within the community and shelters.
Bachelor’s degree from a
regionally accredited college or university in psychology, social work,
behavioral science or related. A minimum of one year experience working
with adults in a behavioral healthcare setting is required.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
standardized clerical support for a particular function, e.g.
reception, accounts payable/receivable, medical records, monetary
transactions, insurance verification, pre-certification/recertification,
2. Promote customer service and satisfaction. Answer multi-line phones professionally and efficiently. Assist
clients, staff, volunteers and visitors as directed. Responsible for
customer contact for purpose of collection of accounts receivables and
determination of additional funding sources.
4. File and retrieve records within area of responsibility, prepare summaries and monitor compliance with established standards. Audit records to ensure compliance with documentation guidelines.
5. Type correspondence, memoranda, reports, records and other documents from rough draft, transcription or verbal instructions.
· Adherence to all David Lawrence Center Policies and Procedures.
· Adherence to Program Specific Policies and Procedures.
· Successful completion of all mandatory training requirements.
· Adherence to David Lawrence Center Time and Attendance Standards.
· Adherence to David Lawrence Center Code of Ethics and Boundaries.
· Minimizing, reporting and managing risk to clients, staff and David Lawrence Center.
Education and Experience
· Minimum one year relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrate ability to relate to a wide variety of co-workers, clientele, governing agencies and public.
· Minimum intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
· Knowledge of HIPAA preferred
· Data Utilization:
Requires the ability to compile, assemble, copy, record and/or
transcribe data and/or information according to a prescribed schema or
plan. Includes judging whether
readily observable functional, structural or compositional
characteristics are similar to or divergent from prescribed standards,
procedures or routines.
· Human Interaction : Requires the ability to exchange information for the purpose of obtaining information or clarifying details. Performs such within well established policies, procedures and standards.
· Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires
the ability to start, stop, operate and monitor the functioning of
equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing
· Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information.
· Mathematical Aptitude: Requires
the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division; ability to calculate decimals and percentages.
· Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
· Situational Reasoning: Requires
the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity in
situations involving a variety of generally pre-defined duties which are
often characterized by frequent change.
· Physical Requirements:
Tasks may involve the ability to exert light physical effort in
sedentary to light work but may involve some lifting, carrying,
pushing/pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 25
lbs). Tasks involve work at a
keyboard or work station, resulting in repetitive hand/arm motion and
extended periods of time of visual contact with a computer monitor. Staff assigned to residential programs may assist with physical restraint of aggressive clients using methods approved by David Lawrence Center guidelines.
· Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Environmental Factors: Tasks
are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental
conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain,
fumes, temperature and noise extremes; machinery, vibrations, electric
currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents;
violence, disease or pathogenic substances.
· Occupational Exposure: May be exposed to standard office materials such as printer toner, paper dust, correction fluid, etc.
David Lawrence Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, David Lawrence Center
will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
David Lawrence Center is a Drug Free Workplace pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Program under Florida’s Workers’ Compensation Law.
David Lawrence Center - 6 months ago
Since 1969, David Lawrence Center has served the needs of children, adults and families in Collier County. Through its growth to a 10-acre m...