About Us Named One of the Best Places To Work in WA three years in a row! CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic, rapidly growing physician-owned pathology company headquartered in Seattle, Washington with locations througho|
ut the state. CellNetix provides comprehensive sub-specialty Clinical and Anatomic Pathology services, operates premier Anatomic Laboratories, and has the largest Anatomic Pathology Laboratory in the region. CellNetix is known for Pathologic excellence based upon Pathologist sub-specialization, for valuing intellectual capital at all levels of the company, and for delivering quality results.
It is our Vision to rethink, redefine and reset the standard of care for pathology groups and laboratories in the country.
Under the supervision of pathologists, PA supervisor and PA staff, the Pathologists' Assistant is responsible for description and dissection of large and small surgical pathology specimens and conducting autopsies.
Position is primarily Monday-Friday evening shift (2:30PM - 11:00 PM) and occasional rotating Sundays. or
A 20 hour per week and non-benefited position. Schedule: Monday-Friday evening shift (7:00 PM - 11:00 PM) and rotating weekend call.
1) Preparation, gross description and dissection of human tissue surgical specimens including:
A. Validating appropriate specimen accessioning information and correcting errors found.
B. Obtaining clinical history, including scans, x-rays, laboratory data, etc.
C. Describing gross anatomic features, dissecting surgical specimens, and preparing tissues for histologic processing.
D. Obtaining biological specimens such as blood, tissue and toxicological material for studies such as flow cytometry, image analysis, immunohistochemistry etc., and performing special procedures including imaging and tumor triage.
E. Photographing all pertinent gross specimens
F. Performing duties relating to the administrative maintenance of surgical pathology protocols.
2) Preparation of human postmortem examinations including:
A. Performing postmortem examinations which may include: external examination; in situ organ inspection; evisceration; dissection and dictation or recording of data such as organ weights, presence of body fluids etc., and gross anatomic findings.
B. Gathering and organizing clinical information and data pertinent to the preparation of the preliminary summarization of the clinical history.
1. Must maintain high quality and productivity standards.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
3. Demonstrated willingness to take direction from others in appropriate situations.
4. The ability to pay attention to detail.
5. Demonstrated ability to exercise responsible independent judgment and initiative in areas where trained and competency has been demonstrated.
6. The ability to complete assignments thoroughly without supervision.
7. Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
8. Able to meet physical demands of the position.
9. Demonstrated ability to perform effectively under pressure.
10. Readily adapts to changes and variation in procedures and workload.
11. Maintains self-control and composure even under very difficult conditions.
1. Certified as a Pathologists' Assistant with ASCP or eligible for certification with ASCP.
2. A Bachelors degree in a science related field (preferably biology or physiology) and Registry with the American Association of Pathologists' Assistants is required.
3. ASCP registration as HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) is desirable.
As a healthcare organization we are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment. As part of that commitment we do not hire anyone who has used nicotine products in the last six months. We require a criminal history background check as well as a drug test which will include nicotine testing.
We require all benefitted employees (unless prohibited by religious beliefs) to take an annual physical (paid under the company's insurance program), 2 dental exams a year (paid under our insurance) and complete a confidential online health risk questionnaire.
We offer a generous benefit program with:
Medical, dental, vision and prescription premiums paid 100% for the employee.
Medical, vision and prescription paid at 50% for all dependents.
Healthcare goes into effect the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
After 6 months, join our 401k plan that has a $ for $ match up to 3% then a 50% match up to the next 2% plus a discretionary quarterly profit sharing contribution that has averaged 6% of earnings.
100 Performance Shares at time of hire
3 weeks paid time off earned in first year
7 paid holidays
Life insurance co paid
Employee Assistance Program
Long Term disability co paid
Free ORCA card
Fully complete our online application at http://cellnetix.applicantpro.com/jobs/. In your cover letter please list which position you are applying for full time or part time.
CellNetix Pathology and Labs
1124 Columbia Street Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98104
Cellnetix Pathology - 10 months ago