Job Posting |
The Report Coordination team is adding a Pathology Assistant to the team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the assigned anatomic and clinical pathologists in organizing and conducting all aspects of the pathology portion of a study. This includes retrieving, inventorying and tracking/filing slides, obtaining target tissue slides and coordinating with pathologists, study directors, clients, peer review pathologists and archives. These functions are preformed for both onsite and cross-site studies.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Perform QC reviews on data/reports for anatomic and clinical pathology.
• Assure draft professional reports are in the standard format and make revisions to anatomic and clinical pathology reports when needed.
• Create text tables/correlate data from vPTS reports under the direction of the anatomic or clinical pathologist.
• Coordinate with client services or study direction to help host onsite peer reviews.
• Coordinate with adjunct and remote pathologists. This includes acting as the Covance contact point in assuring accurate and timely communication of information between the study pathologist, other study personnel and clients. This may involve resolving scheduling issues, shipping and receiving data/slides on time, inventorying and coordinating with study personnel to assist in the flow of information and inventorying.
• Responsible for coordinating with the study pathologist to assure completeness of data at the report generation (mock study sign-off) and at study finalization (complete study sign-off), activating the audit trail.
• Bachelor’s degree, with at least 2 years experience in some aspect of the conduct of toxicology studies, preferably with some time in pathology.
• Good team skills and ability to manage own work load.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Ability to efficiently use basic computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel software to include basic word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 18 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...