Positions for this vacancy announcement are located at FT. Meade, MD.
If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.'
To be eligible for the Pathways Intern Program, individuals must have been accepted for enrollment or be enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) In a qualifying educational institution on a full or half time basis.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Background investigation required.
- Program Participant Agreement required.
- Unofficial transcripts and enrollment verification required.
· Incumbent serves an advance level trainee in the field of engineering or computer science responsible for performing as part of a multi-disciplinary team working on projects in the area of database development, strategic planning, performance measurement, acquisition management, internal management controls, and logistics analysis.
· Applies the application and knowledge of Unix operating systems, graphical user interface development, Oracle, and programming languages such as Visual Basic and C.
· Participates in the work of the team by either planning or personally carrying out an individual, minor segment of a larger project.
· Plans project details on the basis of precedents established in related projects.
· Position and duties will be developmental in nature.
For the GS-7: Specialized experience is defined as experience assisting with the development of new and improved concepts, principles and techniques that will advance the body of knowledge of computer science, and adapting and applying advanced computer science methods and techniques to solve complex computer processing requirements .
For the GS-9: S pecialized experience is defined as experience developing new and improved concepts, principles and techniques that will advance the body of knowledge of computer science, and adapting and applying advanced computer science methods and techniques to solve complex computer processing requirements.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
· Knowledge of the professional engineering/computer science skill in applying basic theories, concepts and principles.
· Knowledge of engineering/computer science contracting functions.
· Experience to participate on a technical team in the completion of various projects.
· Skill to effectively communicate technical issues verbally and in writing.
GS-7: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education or eligibility under Superior Academic Achievement Provision after completing a bachelors' degree.
GS-9: Completion of all requirement for a master's degree or equivalent degree.
Background or Security Investigation:
The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. For more information about receiving and maintaining a security clearance, please click here .
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
1. Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
2. Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
3. Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment :
· The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
· The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
· Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
· For more benefits information please visit : http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html
· U.S. Citizen or U.S. National with the ability to furnish proof of citizenship upon agency request.
· TDY Travel: OCCASIONAL
· A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
· Management has the prerogative to select at either grade level.
· This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to target position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. However promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of a promotion is implied.
· Selectee of this recruitment is required to sign a Pathways Intern Program Participant Agreement.
· Selectee of this recruitment is required to provide official transcripts and enrollment verification.
· We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
· Moving costs MAY be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
· Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
· For more information on veterans' preference click here .
· Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here ).
· For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here .
· You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
· Applicants selected from this job opportunity announcement may be non-competitively converted to a competitive service appointment after completing all requirements of the Pathways Program.
· Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives ).
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
The Department of Defense, for one, has made considerable progress since receiving its barely passing grade. MITRE, a Massachusetts-based...