Patient Access Registration Clerk
Contact: Seidina Borden
Phone Number: 662-293-1149
Email Address: SBorden@mrhc.org
PRN Status (To fill in as needed)
Education: High School graduate or equivalent required. Some college or business courses preferred .
Experience: Experience in a hospital or medical setting is preferred. Experience with computers is preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Requires a full range of body motion including:
1. Sit- continuously- Worker is seated the majority for the day at a desk using a computer.
2. Stand/Walk- frequently- Worker is on his/her feet doing various tasks such as making copies, preparing registration cards, ID armbands, and admission charts.
3. Bend/Squat/Crouch/Kneel - occasionally- Worker must be able to Bend/squat/crouch/kneel to perform such tasks as picking up boxes and loading printer paper, or opening bottom drawer of file cabinets
4. Climb- occasionally- Shorter workers must be able to reach the top of file cabinets or shelves by standing on stepstool.
5. Reach- occasionally- a. Greater than shoulder height- worker must be able to reach supplies or items on shelf that is greater than shoulder height. b. Equal to shoulder height- worker must be able to reach supplies or items that are of a level that is equal to shoulder height.
6. Push/Pull- occasionally- Worker must be able to push/pull boxes, file cabinet drawers, or patients in wheelchair.
7. Verbal Communication- continuously- It is very important that worker must be able to verbally communicate with a patient in order to obtain demographic and financial information necessary to complete the admission process. Worker must also be able to verbally communicate with co-workers, physicians, visitors, and insurance companies.
8. Written Communication- continuously- Worker must be able to write receipts, correspond in writing with insurance companies, write messages for employees, and correspond in writing to various departments within the hospital.
9. Hearing conversation/Hearing I-ICUMax- continuously- It is imperative that worker must be able to hear patients in order to obtain correct information. Worker must be able to hear telephone conversation in order to operate system properly and converse with co-workers and public.
10. Seeing-Near/Far/Color/Depth- continuously- Worker must be able to see to perform computer tasks, file insurance, complete demographic information and collect monies.
Magnolia Regional Health Center - 8 months ago