Serves as initial contact for all Patient Access Services including but not limited to the scheduling of procedures, data collection, ongoing maintenance of patient census activity, and obtain patient financial information.
1. Education and Training
High School Diploma or equivalent
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- One (1) to two (2) years of Customer Service experience is required.
- Registration, Insurance Verification/Pre-Certification, Finanacial counceling, and/or Patient account experience, preferably in a medical setting, is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to pass medical terminology test administered by HR.
- Ability to pass data entry alpha numeric test administered by HR.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated math and analytical skills.
- Ability to operate a PC, facsimile and other related office equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and financial records and adheres to HIPAA guidelines/policy.
Summa Western Reserve Hospital - 16 months ago