This position is primarily responsible for creating encounters prior to or at the time of patient check-ins, performing check-in and check-out functions, collecting co-pays/other payments and performing order entry functions as directed. Gathers data accurately, explaining forms and signatures to support the clinical record, billing and cash flow. Staff may be assigned to a specific point-of-service location or be assigned to a centralized deployable location; all staff members are expected to be able to cover in any Patient Access location when needed to support excellent customer service. Provides limited financial counseling and insurance verification using online HDX software.
- CPAT or CCAT preferred
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) preferred.
- 1 Year or more of c ustomer service, medical insurance/billing or patient accounts experience required; p hysician office assistance, scheduling, registration, or other related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment.
- Excellent and demonstrated communication skills including oral, written and telephone.
- Analytical skills including problem solving and basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology as it relates to and supports clinical practices, ICD-9/10-coding, CPT 4 & DRG codes, preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and revenue cycle work flows and processes preferred.
MaineGeneral Health - 6 months ago