Completes registration, pre-registration, and scheduling functions for patients in a culturally diverse population. This position facilitates referrals and admissions/transfers of patients. Obtains specific information to generate accurate financial and demographic record for patients to ensure maximum reimbursement. Information collected will be used to complete insurance notification, verification, and certification. Provides excellent customer service from point of entry to destination in a timely, accurate, courteous and professional manner. As directed this position will provide education materials to patient/patient representative. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- CPR certification and maintains all mandatory in-services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills in dealing with various client groups, patients, families, physicians and their practices.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to interview and obtain information in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow the organization and Patient Access Services policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with various software applications including Microsoft Windows and the Internet.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 19 months ago