High School graduate or equivalent required
With continual and direct patient contact, performs diversified tasks and duties associated with outpatient and inpatient registration, admissions, cashiering and communications. Discusses financial responsibility with patients, maintains accurate patient account information, verifies insurance, and acts as a patient ambassador.
1. Registers patients and/or responsible party in a timely and efficient manner using multiple methods of communications. Obtains required admission information such as patient insurance/ financial information, demographics and ensures that an accurate medical record is created. Promotes accurate billing information and dissuades fraudulent use of insurance.
2. Obtains necessary signatures for consent for services and mandatory Medicare documents. Communicates with third parties to coordinate authorized hospital services.
3. Executes the pre-registration and pre-authorization process by obtaining necessary documentation from the patient, patient’s physician, and insurance company.
4. Enters charges for specific services provided and presents estimated charges for payment.
5. Collects appropriate monies due or arranges for payment plans with each patient. Reviews and discusses all patient financial responsibility at the appropriate time in the admission process.
6. Maintains patient records regarding all non-clinical patient information. Coordinates with all departments for patient services and information.
7. Processes correspondence and return mail.
8. When assigned at the concierge desk acts as hospital ambassador and directs or escorts patients to the appropriate department.
9. Reconciles daily discharge log to ensure all records have been received from units and follows up on all records not received.
10. Scans items in a timely and efficient manner daily. Preps and assembles all documents in appropriate order as outlined in chart prep policy at least 98% of the time. Ensures that patient name, encounter number and medical record number are documented on each page of the medical record 100% of the time.
11. Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of all records for incomplete or missing items and records those promptly on analysis worksheet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with co-workers, patients and public.
- Adept at reading, writing, and mathematics
- Ability to multi-task and work well within stressful environment
- Demonstrates strong cognitive and problem-solving skills all with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend reports, studies and government regulations and guidelines.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Background in customer service
- Telephone communication, 10-key and computer experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...