SUMMARY OF MAJOR FUNCTIONS: Responsible for daily follow-up and reconciliation of outstanding accounts to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The person in this position works under minimal supervision, must be a results-oriented and a self-started. This position is primarily a full-time day schedule, but may be subject to over 40 hours per week and callback as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR JOB:
· High school diploma or GED.
· One to three years of accounts receivable management experience in a physician clinic setting.
· Certified in Medical reimbursement or medical coding preferred.
· Knowledge of billing guidelines including governmental payers such as Medicare and Medicaid in addition to major insurance carriers.
· Knowledge of current CPT and ICD-9 coding guidelines as they apply to the specialty.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
Baptist Health Care - 22 months ago