Summit Medical Group's Patient Services Department is seeking an outgoing, energetic, people-person to work in our fast paced call center environment.
If this is you please submit your application.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join one of the largest physician owned medical groups in the region.
We offer -
paid vacation/sick days
- Answer patient calls related to their accounts and formulate solutions when appropriate.
- Respond to written patient inquiries and formulate solutions when appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining, updating and auditing the patient account information.
- Transfer charges to the correct agency or carrier, when appropriate.
- Communicate with insurance companies as needed.
- Adjust patient accounts according to established policies and procedures.
- Communicate appropriate problems, questions and/or concerns to supervisor.
- Assist colleagues in department and other office personnel, as appropriate.
- Display initiative, when appropriate, while investigating patient inquiries and handling other assignments.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality both internally and externally.
- Perform related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of general principles of health insurance, including the ability to read and comprehend explanation of benefits.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Knowledge, at a comprehensive working level, of the IDX program.
- Knowledge of basic spelling, grammar and punctuation to process patient information.
- Skill in data entry, processing and computer skills.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with patients and the public as it relates to their accounts.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year experience in a medical billing setting required.
Summit Medical Group is the largest and oldest physician-owned multispecialty practice in New Jersey. In addition to its 250,000-square-foot...