Perform duties relating to the operation of the business office to include assisting patients both in person and on the telephone, filing, and auditing insurance claim forms and responding to correspondence.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist patients with their accounts, both in person and on the telephone.
2. File and audit insurance claim forms.
3. Respond to correspondence regarding patient accounts daily.
4. Analyze various report print outs to enter information on patient accounts as appropriate
5. Audit and reconcile patient account as necessary.
6. Inform appropriate parties when errors in procedure are discovered to improve business office procedures.
7. Maintain weekly and monthly production reports for administration.
8. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Basic knowledge of general office and bookkeeping procedures. Excellent customer service skills to include telephone etiquette. Ability to work under pressure and respond appropriately to patients who are upset. Computer literate with typing speed of 45 wpm. Must be detail oriented and accurate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or G.E.D. and one-three years of related experience or training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups of customers and staff members.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to follow and complete instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: Patient account, medical, and personal records, as well as personnel files are considered confidential. Unauthorized disclosure of such information could result in legal action against the Clinic and is grounds for immediate dismissal.
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic - 17 months ago
At the Austin Diagnostic Clinic, our foot and ankle specialists aim to provide comprehensive management of a wide variety foot and ankle...