A Patient Account Specialist m ust be experienced in the dental field, proficient in customer service, dental coding ,insurance preauthorizations, insurance verification, collections and billing.
- Answer incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette.
- Perform insurance verification for new and existing patients using online resources and by telephone.
- Sending out insurance claims and preauthorizations
- Calling patients and giving them their insurance estimate based on the preauthorizations when we receive them back.
- Collect all co-payments and past due balances on dates of service.
- Calling on and sending letters out to past due accounts.
- Helping patients with any billing questions or inquiries.
- Basic front desk duties when needed.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Glenville, , United States
- Six months of similar job experience.
- Knowledge of insurance and the collection process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Demonstrate and promote superior customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exercise basic knowledge of dental terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
Metro Dentalcare - 18 months ago