Ensures Patient Accounting and Collection functions are performed to meet department standards and customer expectations on a consistent basis. Ensures billing regulations are followed, account follow up is timely, posting and collection processes are performed consistently and to department expectations. Serves in a leadership role for the department.
Requirements for this position include:
1. Associate's Degree, Vocational Certificate, or four years experience in a career field directly related to Patient Accounts with High School Diploma or GED.
2. Health care experience, additional college course work relating to medical office knowledge, typing skills, data entry experience, and/or knowledge of computers is desired.
3. Knowledge of insurance carriers, government regulations and medical terminology are required.
4. Must be competent in both written and verbal communications (telephone and face-to-face contact) with young adults, adults and geriatric patients.
5. Strong organizational skills required.
6. Must be able to direct colleagues in a professional, productive manner and apply critical thinking and problem solving skills when necessary.
St. Elizabeth's Hospital - 17 months ago