Job Title: Patient Accounts Educator
Department: Patient Accounts
Responsible to: Department Manager
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Patient Accounts Educator position will be responsible for assessing training needs, developing, and evaluating all Patient Accounts staff. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined in the department and Center policy and procedures manuals.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement QA in accordance with audits of products and processes.
2. Provide monthly education and training to all employees that perform registration functions so that the standards of the department are met.
3. Evaluate products and processes and suggest changes to enhance productivity and performance.
4. Plan and implement training strategies and activities.
5. Motivate, train and develop staff.
6. Monitor, measure and report on training plans and achievements
7. Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all Registration areas.
8. Record and report results of evaluation and training to Supervisor/Manager.
9. Assess learning needs of the department and educate all staff of any changes pertinent to their roles.
10. Collaborate with Learning and Development to deliver programs for continuing education and education competencies.
III. OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with the coverage in the Registration areas due to staffing issues.
2. Assist with the fax queue.
3 Participates in and fosters an approach to continuously improving quality throughout the department.
4. Maintains a neat and safe work area.
5 The successful candidate will have to pass competencies for this position.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all training records and results.
IV. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Three to five years of similar or related experience
Fairfield Medical Center - 20 months ago