This position is responsible for analyzing and processing patient accounts in areas such as billing, patient assistance, insurance verification or patient’s collections.
The salary stated is the entire pay range. Starting salaries are typically the minimum or within the first 20% of the pay range. Salary offers are contingent upon budgetary considerations as well as the applicant's qualifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Processes and analyzes medical claims.
- Examines claims for accuracy and completion using standard claims processing, policies, procedures and mandated state regulations.
- Re-processes completed claims with eligibility and coding discrepancies.
- Handles complex electronic claims to completion.
- Uses the computer to produce and review unpaid claims reports.
- Reviews EOB's for payments and adjustments and/or rebills claims within the pre-established time period.
- Responds to complex billing inquires from patients, insurance companies and attorneys.
- Identifies, assesses and responds to individual patient, employee or provider concerns.
- Produces delinquent account reports and sends correspondence to account holders; sets up payment arrangements where applicable.
- Forwards delinquent accounts to collections agencies for further collections efforts.
- Performs additional and related duties as may be required.
Three years of experience in a medical setting including knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, ICD-9, HCPC codes and state and local statutes on Medicaid, Medicare and Managed Care Plans preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification as a Registered Medical Coder (RMC) or Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) is preferred.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT : A selection committee will evaluate the qualifications of each applicant which will include recentness and appropriateness of the applicant's education and experience, answers to the supplemental questions, results of employment references investigated and any other appropriate information available.
The selection committee will admit to the interview only those persons who possess the most job related qualifications and may establish admittance criteria beyond the minimum qualifications stated above. The interview will comprise 100% of the applicant's earned grade. A candidate must earn a qualifying grade of 70 or more on the interview to be eligible for appointment.
The five top ranking candidates, based on the final grade, will be certified to the Department Director/Appointing Authority who will make the final decision.
All applicants conditionally offered a permanent part time, full time, term or on-call position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Screening will be performed by a reputable clinical laboratory. The cost of screening will be bourne by the County.
HOW TO APPLY : Applicants interested in applying for this position should visit our website at www.stlouisco.com/personnel/jobsearch or apply in person at St. Louis County Government, Division of Personnel located at 41 S. Central 7th Floor, Clayton, Missouri 63105.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY : The policy of the Civil Service Commission of St. Louis County is to support fair and equitable employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability/handicap condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans' status or political affiliation. Call the Division of Personnel at (314) 615-5429 for more information on this policy.
St. Louis County
Division of Personnel, 7th Floor
Clayton, MO 63105
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hearing Impaired TTY: (314) 615-5889
Job Opportunity Hotline: (314) 615-JOBS
Fax: (314) 615-7703
St. Louis County, MO - 10 months ago