Certified Nurse Assistant
Basic Duties :
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) provides basic medical services to inmates within a correctional facility. The CNA gathers inmate patient information, takes and records the patient’s blood pressure; conducts blood draws and completes initial medical information questionnaires. Along with all other correctional institution employees, the incumbent is also charged with responsibility of maintaining the security of the institution.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Ideal candidate will have and maintain a current, unrestricted license/certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant/Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA) in the state of practice. Must have a high school diploma and a graduate of an accredited Certified Nurse Assistant program. Current CPR certification required.
Employment Requirements :
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies to meet the 4-minutes or less emergency response time requirement of the facility.
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.