The Patient Care Assistant is a vital part of the patient care team providing care and comfort to patients and families under the direction of the nursing staff. In this position you will be able to utilize and develop your clinical skills to ensure a positive patient experience.
1. Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
2. Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
3. Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
4. Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly, and secures qualified assistance as needed.
1. Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
2. Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
3. Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc.
4. Implements plan of care as delegated.
5. Performs assigned duties within scope of practice and performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Entry Rate: $9.91/hour
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: Position is PRN, or as needed. There are no guaranteed shifts or hours. Variable shifts may include days, nights, weekends, or holidays.
Department: Well Newborn Nursery
Additional Details: As an employee of the nursery, employees will have responsibility to care for newborns and to assist mothers. Hours are dependent upon patient census. This position requires call and employees must report within 30 minutes of call. Additional hours may be available to employees who are available to help with patients on the Medical/Surgical unit according to department need.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification OR current enrollment in an accredited nursing school with successful completion of first clinical rotation
This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
Six or more months experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant
Basic computer skills for patient charting
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...