All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Excellent telecommunication skills and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate courteously and effectively with physicians and staff.
- Data entry skills necessary.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and a friendly manner with patients, families and other staff members.
- Willingness to exercise judgment and independence to provide services necessary to meet patients and families needs, even if it means going beyond the stated job responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Flexibility a must; ability to work in multiple areas of department as required.
- High School diploma; some college preferred
- Related healthcare registration, unit clerk and billing preferred.
- Previous customer service background required.
3pm to 11:30pm
Mon. Tues. Wed. Fri. Sat.
Sun. Tues. Wed. Thurs. Fri.
The Patient Care Associate is required to rotate through various positions within the Emergency Department:
Registration, Unit Clerk, and Meeter/Greeter. This person is responsible for greeting patients and families, collecting and updating all required demographics and insurance information to insure proper reimbursement.
He/she acts as the central communication source for the Department while also performing essential clerical functions throughout the department.
Work every other weekend (SA&SU), every other holiday.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 2 years ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...