Support specific oncology/hematology clinics by coordinating the intake process for incoming patients. Triage calls, schedule appointments, collect and enter patient data, obtain medical records, films and pathology slides for review, create new patient referrals, and assist with the insurance clearance process.
• Triage calls from referring physicians, patients, family members, etc. wishing to access care at SCCA
• Request medical records from referring physicians and outside institutions; review for content and completeness; organize in designated categories for clinician review
• Collect and enter comprehensive demographic patient information into the appropriate registration systems and databases.
• Follows Intake department processes for registration and patient financial clearance, including but not limited to creating referrals in Epic and following the concerning insurance process.
• Coordinate and schedule appointments for patients; match patients with appropriate providers.
• Identify any areas of concern/anticipated needs (transportation, support care, social issues, etc.) of patients and triage appropriately.
• Identify pathology slides and diagnostic films to be requested (based on diagnosis and type of appointment).
• Receive and respond to patient concerns and complaints; refer to supervisor/manager as appropriate
• Immediate problem solving and escalation to Lead or Supervisor.
• Adhere to standard work.
• Enter DMS Data.
• Identify opportunities for improvement to patient access and SCCA service.
• Actively participate in Intake to create a healthy work environment that values trust, service to patient, commitment to SCCA’s mission, constructive feedback, and respect for people.
• Adhere to department attendance policy
• Provide cross-coverage for other PCCs, as needed
• May direct the work of others (e.g. PCC Assistants)
• Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
HS diploma or equivalent; AND two years of experience in a tertiary patient care setting OR equivalent education / experience
BS/ BA with concentration in science3-5 years’ experience in a tertiary patient care setting
Proficiency in Medical And Oncology terminologyExcellent verbal & written communication skillsExcellent customer service skillsAbility to identify and solve problemsDetail oriented and strong organizational skillsAbility to work well both independently and as part of a teamAbility to perform well and multi-task in a busy, high pressure environment
Moderate computer skills (e-mail, MS Word, Scheduling Software, etc.)
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- 10 months ago - save job