Patient Care Coordinator (Medical Receptionist)
This is a part time position at our W.Loop, Chicago location
Job Summary: To greet patients, activate patient files, and provide office support to medical personnel at the Physicians Immediate Care clinic . Reports directly to the Clinic General Manager; works in conjunction with physicians, mid-level practitioners, and clinical staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following
- Welcomes Physicians Immediate Care patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answers inquiries and directs them through registration process.
- Always positively affects the patients and visitors perception of the visit experience.
- Assists patients with insurance documentation and billing questions. Guides patients in providing required information and completing paperwork.
- Professionally obtains patient information necessary for processing medical charges, including a copy of an insurance card, a copy of a driver license or other form of photo identification, and other information related to each patient situation.
- Collects and processes patient payments .Accurately balance cash drawer daily and make accurate deposits
- Responsible for handling confidential records. Verifies information for correctness, places paperwork in proper sequence for physician examination or treatment, and files or distributes data in appropriate place.
- Completes callbacks, including patient messages and pharmacy call-ins.
- Maintains Patient Care Coordinator area in a neat and orderly condition at all times. Closes office and activates security system at the end of the day.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other company personnel. May assist other staff members with their duties as workload dictates.
- Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
1. High school graduate or equivalent. College degree is preferred.
2. Clerical experience in a medical office preferred.
3. Personal computer and word processor skills. Experience with modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
Able to communicate both verbal and written in English
Ability to speak Spanish preferred
Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public in person and over the telephone.
Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data.
Physicians Immediate Care, also known as Physicians Urgent Care in Indiana and Nebraska, has treated more than one million patients in its...