Treating seniors with the compassion and quality of home care they deserve is not only part of the mission of Senior Home Care, it is at the very core of everything we do. Each year, the divisions of Senior Home Care deliver care to more than 50,000 seniors with personalized home health care programs created with the individual and their specific needs in mind. We are currently looking to add a Patient Care Coordinator to our team in the Winter Haven branch office.
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for selling and educating the SHC home health services in assigned territory. The position's goal is to improve patient care through care planning and effective utilization of agency services. The position reports to the Area Vice President.
1. Establishes, maintains and develops business relationships with customers and potential customers in an assigned territory.
2. Uses sales strategies to include rounding with Physicians on patients active with or referred to SHC to achieve starts of care.
3. Audits and evaluates patient information and needs prior to home health admission, there by assuring home health services can safely meet those needs and that services will be provided in accordance with regulations.
4. Provides updates on the customer needs, concerns, interests, market situation, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
5. Determines need for and arranges for supplies prior to home health admission.
6. Coordinate and communicate all aspects of patient's needs with appropriate home health personnel to ensure quality care.
7. Monitor all referrals within facilities, i.e.: hospitals, SNF's, ALF's and Rehabilitation facilities.
8. Communicate patient admission status to the referral source and other appropriate parties.
9. When appropriate, obtain physician's orders for home health services. This may include specific treatments, supplies, equipment and/or medication needs.
10. Submit completed and timely paperwork necessary to perform the responsibilities of the Patient Care Coordinator.
11. Will assist the Account Manager in the education of physician's offices, nursing homes and other health care facilities/entities regarding home health regulations and policies.
12. Participate in community health care activities, seminars and tradeshows as needed and lend support to professional organizations and other members of the health care community as related to home health services.
13. Attend meeting and in-service programs as requires or requested.
14. Participate in required clinical record audits and attend meetings with CRR Physicians as requested.
15. Participate in patient satisfaction calls following discharge from SHC services and specialty program implementation.
1. RN/LPN with 1 year experience in an acute care setting or home health agency.
2. Medicare home care knowledge and previous medical or home health sales experience preferred.
3. Must be a graduate of a state accredited school of nursing.
4. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.