Position: Patient Care Manager (Full-time) Posting Period: 4/10 - 18/2013 or until filled
Location: University Family Health Center Pay Range: $39,520 - $59,280 Yearly
Reports to: Director of Health Support Services FLSA: Exempt
The Patient Care Manager Serves as an essential addition to the Medical Home Care Team by coordinating the care of patients and navigating patients through systems to improve health.
- Participates as a valued member of the PCMH Care Team to oversee the management of patients and PCMH as a whole
- Conducts holistic assessments during patient visits to assess the needs and goals of patients and also alerts other care team members about patient needs
- Assists in the development and maintenance of individualized and proactive care plans
- Performs treatment plan review and follows-up as needed
- Works with care team to focus on disease-specific self management and medication adherence, while providing support, information, and education for specific diseases
- Provides communication and support to providers on all assigned cases
- Navigates patients through systems and across transitions
- Follows-up after ER or hospital discharge
- Contacts patients appearing on registries and in need of treatment follow-up
- Connects patients to community resources as needed
- Documents data and interactions with patients in electronic medical records
- Cross trains or assists with clerical functions of the clinic as needed
- Instructs individuals, families, or other members of the patients care team on health education, disease prevention, or community resources
Education: Minimum of Bachelor in Social Work or other related field; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two years of health-related case management is preferred
Level 1 Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
Level 2 Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
_X Level 3 Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates thepossibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
Activity Approximate %Comments
Sitting 20% Average depending on work site.
Standing 40% Average depending on work site.
Walking 40% Average depending on work site
Machines and Equipment Used:
Machines, Equipment, Tools Approximate % of Time Degree of Hand: Eye Coordination Required
3.Photocopier, fax machineVariesNormal
Approximate percentage of time incumbent spends in "on-the-job" travel , excluding commuting to regular work location: Little to no regular travel will be necessary.
Christ Community Health Services - 15 months ago