American Hospice is currently seeking a Patient Care Secretary to join our Fort Worth, TX team!
The Patient Care Secretary is a skilled secretarial person whose job is to support the work of the Patient Care
Manager and who is generally responsible for the accomplishment of all patient care related clerical
- Screen all telephone calls for the Patient Care Manager. Facilitate communication between patients/families and other team members.
- Take and keep daily schedule for all team members.
- Attend weekly team meetings. Follow through on assignments given by the Patient Care Manager.
- Establish, maintain and close patient charts in an orderly fashion. This includes the mailing of and follow up on all required documentation such as Plans-of-Care, Attending Physician Authorization Forms, Medical Information Request form, etc.
- Provide back-up documentation to Billing Department routinely and as requested.
- Order D.M.E. and maintains records of dates ordered, picked-up and billed.
- Do all patient care data entry in MISYS.
- Communicate with staff and outside agencies as directed by the Patient Care Manager.
- Order office supplies used by team, in conjunction with other Patient Care Secretaries.
- Order, maintain and assemble patient care forms and packets.
- Sort and process all patient care mail in conjunction with other Patient Care Secretaries.
- In sites with more than one Patient Care Secretary, they will cover for each other for lunch, for team meetings, and other short intervals of absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the QAPI hospice performance improvement program.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers. Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : Prior secretarial work experience preferred.
Computer literacy; comfortable with using word, excel, multi-line telephonic systems, voice-mail, able
to operate common office products, fax machine, copier.
Good typing skills, Ability to multi-task, Good verbal communication skills. TB test, meets new hire and
State requirements for position.