Job Title: Patient Care Technician II- 4C
Location: Newark, DE
Christiana Care Health System, with locations in Wilmington and Newark, DE, is one of the largest health care providers in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Named one of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report, we have an excess of 1,100 beds between our two hospitals (Christiana Hospital and Wilmington Hospital) and are committed to providing the best patient care in the region.
The 4C Ob/GYN Surgical Unit at the Christiana Hospital is currently seeking a Patient Care Technician II to work Full-time Day/Evening shift, every other weekend and Holiday. As a Patient Care Technician II:
- Must demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development.
- Must be able to respond to patient crisis situations.
- Initiate interventions within scope of responsibility.
- Coordinate and perform clerical functions for the nursing unit.
- Demonstrate proper use of telephone, paging and nurse call system.
- Perform finger sticks on adult patients while following all standard laboratory safety policies.
- Performs defined procedures on point of care instrumentation.
- Demonstrates competency using required computer skills including order entry, admission, discharge and transfer procedures, and ordering of tests.
- Communicates to patients, employees, and physicians utilizing courteous verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains charts according to CCHS guidelines, coordinates maintenance of unit supplies (e.g., storeroom, central, maintenance, etc.).
- Use proper documentation, writes legibly, signs transcribed orders and records appropriate data, etc.
- Completes mandatory inservice education and performs essential unit specific tasks under the direction of RN.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or genetic information.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years clerical or related experience preferred.
- Previous work experience or successful completion of Nurse Technician program.
Job Classification: Technical
Job Requisition #: 31170BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 15 months ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...