High School graduate or equivalent required
Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Surgical Services or designee (OR Supervisor, RN Coordinator). Performs a variety of tasks including transporting patients, preparing and cleanup of surgical cases in the OR. Responsible for transporting equipment and supplies to the OR suite. Responsible for assisting the OR RN in the delivery of care to the surgical patient. Fiscal management of supplies is a shared responsibility for all team
members. Must be conscious of sterile technique at all times. Performs the functions as assigned. Works under the direction of a RN.
1. Transports patients to and from surgery after checking the chart for appropriate documentation.
2. Assigned to a specific OR suite in which they assist the OR RN with patient care, including: transfer of patients to and from bed, positioning and preps, opening sterile supplies, applying monitor leads, and transporting equipment to and from the room.
3. Maintains strict aseptic technique.
4. Cleans the room during turnovers and terminally cleans the room at the end of the day.
5. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
6. Properly handles equipment, instruments, and supplies to prevent damage or loss.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Good communication skills with patients, families, supervisors, and co-workers.
· Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking; and perform calculations.
· High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
· CNA Certification.
· Completion of competency based training in the OR.
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 5 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...