- The employee must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide direct care to the age groups consistent with patients served in their position. A Patient Care Technician performs limited nursing duties as well as non-nursing duties on an assigned Nursing Unit. The Patient Care Tech functions under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The patient population can range from the perinatal to the geriatric patient. The Patient Care Tech is administratively responsible to the Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical terminology training or Medical Terminology class.
- Health Care Facility experience preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Current AHA BLS/CPR Certification.
- Computer Skills
- Basic computer skills including typing/keyboarding and ability to proficiently use a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Office.
EMH Healthcare - 24 months ago