High School Diploma or equivalent; current certification as a State Tested Nurse Aide or successful completion of a Home Health Aide Program; Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED. Current certification or willing to obtain within one year or currently enrolled in a nursing program preferred.
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, assists the registered nurse and licensed practical nurse in the provision of patient care. Advises hospital departments on patient activities; monitors central station; processes physician orders and records appropriate information; and assists with patient care in taking VS, bathing, feeding and ADLS
1. Assists in all aspects of patient care and non-patient care within their scope of practice.
2. Assist in the maintenance of: supplies/equipment/cleanliness of the nursing unit.
3. Complies with all safety and infection control standards r/t position of nurse aide.
4. Maintains open lines of communication between self and professional staff.
5. Maintains skills to function in ICU/PICU/Special Care.
6. Participates in hospital-wide and unit activities.
7. Performs other related duties as requested.
Marietta Memorial Hospital - 14 months ago
Marietta Memorial Hospital is the foundation of a high-quality, wide-ranging health organization known as Memorial Health System. More than...