- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
- 2 Semesters of hospital clinical practicum in Nursing Prog.
- Nursing Assistant Training Program Completion (120 Hours) or
- SNCH Student Nurse Intern Program (300 hours) (or)
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
High School Diploma or equivalent and at least one of the following :
· Successful completion of an approved Nursing Assistant training program (minimum 120 hours) with 6 months of experience
· Or Successful completion of a n approved Patient Ca re Technician training program with 6 months of experience
· OR Successful completion of SNCH Student Nurse Intern Program (300 hours)
· Or Successful completion of 2 semesters of hospital-based clinical practicum while enrolled in an accredited nursing program.
Must be available to complete a minimum of 10-day Support Staff Orientation; which includes classroom and unit orientation.
Must demonstrate technical skills required for patient care.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Position Responsibilities: The Patient Care Technician works in partnership with RN in delivery of selected aspects of patient care. Prepares patients for treatments, diagnostic procedures and assists health care providers as needed. Takes vitals, finger stick glucoses, places leads and attaches the patient to cardiac monitoring, performs 12 lead EKG’s, checks crash cart, emergency carts, primes IV tubing, blood tubing, maintains O2 therapy via Nasal cannula or mask, Performs simple dressing changes for Stage I and Stage II pressure ulcers.
South Nassau Communities Hospital - 8 months ago