About Sterling Regional MedCenter
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position conducts registration and obtains financial reimbursement for all patients accessing service at medical facilities. Reviews all account information to optimize collection efforts and system recording events to expedite reimbursement and compliance; resolves issues as they arise to promote point of service decisions. Performs financial counseling when appropriate. Explains and obtains signatures on legal forms and registration materials.
- Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations and notifications. Accurately and completely documents all information into the patient records system to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation requires by the patient’s insurance plan.
- Calculates patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits, collects deposits and co-payments.
- Provides financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources and avenues for alternative payment arrangements. Assists patients and their families in completing financial assistance paperwork when appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department and the payer to enhance account receivables performance, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns, and to maximize service excellence.
- As assigned, conducts patient visits for bedside registration to expedite the completion of the patient registration.
- Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Works to meet the patients’ needs in financial services.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards. Completes daily assignments and maintains accurate production logs and records. Identifies opportunities to improve work processes and practices good work group dynamics.
- Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned to functions such as transporting patients, provide training for new staff, collecting and releases patient valuables in accordance with company policies, posting daily deposits, or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education.
Requires the knowledge of medical terminology and patient financial services processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience in hospital customer service and/or medical billing or physician office environments. Requires familiarity with medical terminology and an understanding of all common insurance and payor types.
Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, the ability to work effectively with common office software are required. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills and communications skills, with a strong customer service orientation.
Previous medical cash collections work experience and customer service experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.