Patient Financial Services Representative
Supervisor, Patient Financial Services
The Patient Financial Services (PFS) Representative will provide direct support to our patients and internal customers in a small call center environment. This includes servicing both inbound and outbound calls in order to direct individuals to the appropriate department as well as assist patients with all financial services related issues and concerns.
- Interact with patients via inbound and outbound calls in order to collect payments owed by patients as well as address any issues the patient may have from a financial services standpoint.
- Process payments (i.e. credit cards, electronic checks) made by patients as well as set up payment plans.
- Resubmit claims upon patient or insurance request and fax appropriate documents as requested and update corresponding billing system files as necessary.
- Note patient accounts thoroughly in order to document steps taken to resolve patient concerns and questions as they relate to Patient Financial Services.
- Address patient account issues by submitting appropriate adjustments, transfers, updating insurance information, issuing refunds, processing credit balances or collecting payments from patient.
- Provide information to various internal customers (i.e. Centers, Care, and Revenue) regarding tasks which need to be completed based upon interactions with patients.
- Provide patients with updated or corrected statements via facsimile, mail, or e-mail.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 6+ months combined experience required in: medical billing or healthcare accounts receivable, customer service, collections, and call center setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- PC skills with MS-Office.
Requires sitting and keyboarding before a computer monitor for majority of work day. Ability to interact verbally and in writing with team members and outside payors on a daily basis. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
- Associates degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred.
This Job Description does not promise or imply that the functions and responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisors' instructions and to perform the tasks as requested by their supervisors.
Pacific Pulmonary Services - 17 months ago
Apparel makers reach for Teijin when they need more fiber. Almost a third of the company's sales come from fibers that are used...