Req ID: 9047
Job Title: Patient Flow Assistant-Urgency Ctr
Department: 008300 - Primary Care & Enterprise Operations
Facility: Office Building
Employment Type: Part-Time (Regular)
Scheduled Hours/pp: 48
Shift: Day/Evening or Evening
Variable Shift Start-End Time?: No
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Call Requirement: None
Union Code: Non Contract - NM
License Requirements: None Specified
• Previous clinic experience preferred.
• Successful completion of a related program or 2+ years experience as a Patient Flow Assistant or Medical Secretary preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of and skill using computer software applications including MS Office applications.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Education Required: High School graduate or equivalent (i.e. GED) required.
Job Description: The Patient Flow Assistant provides continuous care support to all individuals by performing reception and clerical activies and maintain care center workflow for staff, physicians, patients, and families. The Patient Flow Assistant participates in the execution of Patient Safey Goals by ensuring patient privacy and accuracy of patient identification, and improving effectiveness of communication among care providers. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values, and guiding principles of the Urgency Center, Clinic Services, and North Memorial Health Care.