PATIENT PLACEMENT SPECIALIST
The Patient Placement Specialist coordinates the Bed Access / Reservation function for patients admitted to LHS hospitals. Initiates and arranges hospital, emergency department, and transfer admissions, and arranges future surgery reservations with appropriate nursing units at each hospital. Contacts other medical facilities to complete transfer arrangements of patients. Communicates with admitting areas and emergency departments regarding pending admissions. Tracks bed assignments, bed availability and discharges. Provides excellent customer service to internal and external physicians needing consults, admission support or information. Assures nightly census is accurate.
A minimum of one year of healthcare experience or equivalent education in at least one of the following areas required: Admitting, Medical Records/Health Information or applicable clerical support experience. Six months customer service experience required. Previous registrar and third party payor experience preferred. An understanding of healthplan and benefit structures preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two years college education including satisfactory completion of college level Health Records coursework preferred.
National Certification of CHAA Preferred.
Supports and models Legacy's preferred Employee profile.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in the English language.
- Ability to withstand varying job pressures and organize and prioritize related tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision, exercising independent judgment within stated guidelines.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills which promote cooperation and teamwork.
- Excellent public relations skills and demonstrated ability to communicate in a calm, succinct businesslike manner.
- Ability to identify alternative means of communication as needed.
- Net typing of 40 WPM and PC-based computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Familiarity with 10 key.