Job Duties Include: The Patient Scheduler is responsible for ensuring that all patients of Walgreens receive the necessary medication and supplies they need as outlined in physician orders. Also schedule clinical staff to visit patients. Works closely with the pharmacy, nursing and warehouse to determine schedule needs and availability to ensure appropriate patient care.
Ensures appropriate staffing is arranged for all patient care. Coordinates, monitors and schedules patient care across all clinical areas. Contacts patients and clinicians to schedule and confirm deliveries and visits. Responsible for interpreting physician's orders and scheduling according to orders. Coordinate scheduling needs with staffing availability. Ensures management is aware of staffing needs and requirements. Facilitates patient complaints or issues to appropriate department. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports), to various audiences (work group, team, company management, external clients)
- Basic level in Microsoft Word 2003 or later (for example: such as creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel 2003 or later (for example: such as creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows)
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Previous home healthcare experience and at least 1 year previous scheduling experience
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...