High School graduate with three (3) years experience in healthcare and /or physician billing and/or registration and/or medical office experience.
Customer Service background required.
Associate’s, Bachelor’s degree or college equivalent - preferred.
EPIC Registration and Scheduling Training required within one (1) month of employment.
EPIC Training Certification Required yearly.
Working knowledge of computers.
Mandatory Regulation Training required throughout the year.
Other training may also be required during the year.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
The Senior Patient Service Associate is responsible for outpatient physician charge batching, submission and auditing per established guidelines. Responsible for registering patients, collecting demographics, insurance information, receiving payments associated with services rendered and any other duties necessary to provide efficient, timely check-in and check-out services to the patients and families of CHOP.
Responsible for accurate and complete patient accounts based on departmental protocol, policies and procedures, and compliance with regulatory agencies, to include but not limited to pre-registration and registration functions. Ensure all insurance requirements are performed and inform patients of their financial liability i.e. copayments. This is position requires the use of high level customer service skills with providers and clinical staff as well as families, and other departments by phone and in person. The position also requires excellent communication skills and a demonstrated flexibility and willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
1. Completed encounter forms are collected daily, cross referenced with the DAR for accuracy, the process for obtaining bills and batching procedures followed daily.
2. Ability to work in a “team friendly” environment with peers, clinical staff and management of all levels.
3. Ensures timely and efficient patient check-in. Greets patients and families in a professional and customer friendly manner. Obtains demographic and insurance information. Ensures essential patient information is properly collected and entered into the hospital registration system. Complete financial/consent forms if necessary and assist families with financial guidance of insurance coverage (as needed).
4. Schedules patients for appointments according to pre-established practice guidelines (as needed). May be asked to call families to confirm appointment times or prepare families for visit such as request for referrals.
5. Strong Customer Service skills, organizational skills and critical thinking skills needed and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision at times. May be asked to oversee or assist with coverage or to assist peers or supervisor with any of the tasks listed above.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 14 months ago