Responsible for providing patients with excellent customer service, answering telephones, registering patients, scheduling appointments, cashiering, and waiting room management.
- Balance daily cash reports
- Greets patients and answers telephone in a pleasant and professional manner including the consistent and appropriate use of AIDET. Informs patients in waiting room of wait times using “Duration” as directed/ informed by the Charge Nurse or Clinic Director.
- Registers patients and screens for eligibility and financial assistance, opening all encounters with accuracy, ensuring all patient information in CMIS and on forms is filled out correctly and completely. Enters all patient data accurately and verifies patient information at every visit.
- Responsible for learning all insurance programs and patient funding sources so that patients and others can rely on the PSR as an expert. Seek opportunities to learn all aspects of patient registration and patient processing.
- Schedules patient appointments, pre-screening patients for eligibility for financial assistance programs and preparing them to bring payment and/or documentation. Confirms appointments and fills in those slots that cancel using wait lists.
- Communicates effectively with the supervisor, asking questions of supervisor when unsure of policy or procedure rather than assuming, and reports unusual patient/guest behavior in a timely manner.
- Asks each patient to report address and phone numbers upon each patient visit. Documents reported changes in electronic system
- Attaches appropriate payer eligibility verification to encounters, verifying PCP when applicable.
- Collects specified co-pays and payments from patients per coverage specifications and from self-pay patients; inputs same in computer system.
- Confirms Patient Consent Forms are up to date by the patient at each and every visit. Ensures parents sign consent forms for all minors (exception exists of emancipated minors and those receiving confidential services).
- Consistently reads and takes action on items in the ALERT field in CMIS.
- Makes every attempt to collect past due amounts, or have patient sign a payment agreement form, at the time of each patient visit.
- Participate in appropriate training offered by the organization, providing feedback on the sessions to support continuous improvement
- Participates in improvement activities as requested at work site and/or across the organization.
- Patient Registration demographics are updated each visit
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Register Encounters with correct payer and policies
- Registers correct site, provider and department
- Understands and implements provider level loading processes and other processes related to supporting patient flow as directed by the Clinic Director and/or Charge Nurse
- Uses excellent and effective customer service skills to provide patients with necessary information and/ or to direct them to other appropriate resources or otherwise meets the service needs of the patient. Stays current with programs and services offered at FHCSD in order to provide this assistance to patients.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalen
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Data entry experience desire
- Knowledge of cashiering functions desired
- Knowledge of medical terminology and front office procedures desired
- Must be bilingual Spanish/English
- Must have accurate attention to detail
- Two years customer service experience desired