The position is with the New Orleans Ambulatory and Primary Care Service. The overall mission of the medical center is to provide high quality primary care to the patients and to serve the needs of the patient regardless of the the type of care required or the setting.
- Incumbent takes full responsibility for coordinating the administrative activities in the specific clinic and provides support and assistance to the clinical staff in clinics.
- Acts with a large degree of professionalism when dealing with the patient.
- Ensures that all aspects of the patients prescribed treatment plan are completed.
- Displays courteousness, concern, and compassion when dealing with the patient, family members and staff.
- Responsible for the completion of travel vouchers, when it is deemed that the patient is eligible.
- Obtains necessary authorization of the travel request.
- Responsible for entering all orders into the DHCP, ensuring that the correct tests are requested and that the proper history is provided on the request.
- Responsible for the preparation of the record for clinic, checking the patient into clinic, referring the patient to the health care provider, taking the orders off the table record as necessary, maintaining the medical record in proper order and filing documents such as lab reports/radiology reports and other reports received in the clinic area, as well as any other medical record requirements.
- Responsible for obtaining signed consent forms when the patient is requesting that information be released from his/her records.
- Responsible for new Patient registrations and telephone "update" registration. Responsible for scheduling/rescheduling patients for appointments in a timely manner.
- Responsible for advising and assisting individuals on special programs available at the Southeastern Louisiana Veteran Health Care System (SLVHCS) Outpatient Clinic.
Work Schedule: 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday -Friday, with occasional tours 8:00am -5:30pm, 9:30am -7pm, and Saturdays 8:00am - 12pm.
Position Description #629-4940-A is available for review in Human Resources Management. This position is assigned to Ambulatory and Primary Care.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
NOTE: This is a bargaining unit position.
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...