The individual in this position provides assistance in coordinating all of the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and the balancing of all TOS payments using the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing system Front Desk Module. The person in this position ensures all scheduling, registration and payment collection activities are staffed appropriately each day and supervises scheduling and front desk staff in conjunction with the Process Supervisor. Performs all master scheduling functions, including development and maintenance of master schedules and daily scheduling edits. These functions are performed in accordance with Georgetown University Hospital's (GUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Three years experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity EHR or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, Transcribe, Transcription, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate, Director, Administrator
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...