The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
This position performs duties related to receiving and checking in-patients, appointment confirmation and appointment tracking via an automated scheduling system, in addition to registration functions, confirming some aspects of insurance coverage and patient demographics. The Patient Services Representative provides support to the overall clinic operation, patients, support staff and providers through efficient and comprehensive knowledge of patients’ itineraries, providers’ schedules, clinic workflow, and SCCA operations. He or she demonstrates excellent customer service and identifies special patient needs and ensures that appropriate action is taken.
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for filing, inventorying and ordering supplies, equipment management and telephone routing responsibilities. The position works under the direction of the General Oncology and Hematology Clinic Support Staff Supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years experience in an ambulatory health care setting preferred.
• Prior experience utilizing an automated scheduling system and proficiency with PC and related applications.
• Demonstrated communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated customer service skills including listening, empathy, and follow up.
• Medical terminology preferred.
• Strong ability to balance face-to-face interpersonal contact as well as phone call management.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, demonstrating flexibility, Multi-task; time manage and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE, No Benefits
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard