PURPOSE: Serves as an initial point of contact in a clinic setting by booking patient appointments and/or greeting patients. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Books appointments utilizing computer system. When booking appointments, also confirms and/or makes changes to demographic information and notifies patient of account balance.
- Verifies insurance eligibility by using online resources, Medifax, etc.
- Greets patients and arrives them on computer system.
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is complete and up-to-date and scans insurance card, if applicable.
- Collects payments from patients, posts amounts, and balances drawer for end of day deposit.
- Prints face sheets, receipts, and other documents as needed.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of emergencies, messages, patient arrivals, etc.
- Screens and directs incoming calls as needed.
- Confirms in advance patient appointments.
- Issues receipts for payment.
- Books follow-up appointments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Experience working in a medical office or clinic setting preferred. Experience using a PC in a Windows environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical insurance.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills, including familiarity with Windows.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm
Austin Regional Clinic - 19 months ago