As part of our ongoing effort to expand access to quality care in the northern suburbs, a new Northwestern Medicine® medical office will open in Glenview in the spring of 2013. The Glenview Outpatient Center will be our first multidisciplinary site offering specialty and primary care that brings together physicians from Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group and Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation in one outpatient setting. Immediate care also will be available for patients with minor emergencies after hours and on weekends when they are unable to get an appointment with their physician. The Glenview site is one of seven new Northwestern Medicine clinics, five of which have already opened.
We are seeking Patient Services Representatives (PSR) to provide exceptional customer service and maintain the Ideal Patient Experience by working with patients at the beginning and end of the visit. Duties include:
Additionally, the PSR is responsible for processing billing information in accordance with Point of Service Collections policy and departmental protocols. The PSR will serve as a champion of the Foundation's service approach and service recovery methods. The PSR is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical duties required to support these functions and, on an as-needed basis, may be required to perform other tasks.
- Verifying and updating patient demographic, insurance and appointment information in the scheduling system
- Scanning necessary documents
- Collecting payments for service and for invoices and communicating prior balances owed.
- Communicating payment and discount policies, as well as financial assistance opportunities.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments
- Working items in departmental work queues
- Responding to patient requests and inquiries in a timely fashion while exhibiting warmth, compassion and responsiveness to patients and their families.
- Providing necessary paperwork or instructions related to follow-up care
- Assume responsibility for processing the daily billing in accordance with Practice protocols.
A high school diploma is required; a bachelor's degree is preferred. Previous experience in a customer service role in healthcare setting is highly preferred. Certification as a scheduler is required within 90-days.
Northwestern Medicine is the shared vision that joins Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare to become one of the country's top academic medical centers during this decade. We are focused on transforming healthcare in a way that will make a great impact on people's lives by improving how care is provided, how medical discoveries occur and how the next generation of caregivers learn and contribute to a healthier community.
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation is a physician practice organization offering scholarly care to patients in the Chicago area. The...